Well, it's official. I'm a "crazy" person. If you are waiting for me to move into a psychotic rant--you'll probably be bored by this post.
Instead of dropping F bombs and telling cute animals where to stick it, I thought it would be nice to complete an excersize that was given to me, today.
***List 10 things that I like and find unique about myself. *insert eye roll here*
1) I like how I warm up chocolate chip cookies exactly 10 seconds in the microwave before I devour them if they are not freshly baked.
2) I like that I have random bursts of energy and moments where I feel liberated to prance around the house with my daughter. We can be found howling at the sky like wolves or just running in small circles singing Doc McStuffins songs.
3) I like that I have next-to-no filter most days. If you're rude, you had it coming. Please don't cry when I tell you what's what.
4) I like my musical abilities and very slight OCD tendencies when it comes to banging a wooden spoon on a pot. I can't put it down until I finish the specific beat and that's perfectly fine. Because the beat is strong, reliable and predictable.
5) I like my artistic abilities and how I can get lost for hours in a painting. I don't even realize how long I've been staring. I look and wonder about the people or objects in them. What would they be like in a real life scenario? Who do they belong to? Are they broken? What's behind them?
6) I like how I have staring games with people without their knowledge. I usually wonder how long it took them to master eye contact. Are they looking at my lips or eyebrows? Why do they wrinkle their nose like that? I've only met one other person who could outlast my gaze and cause me to fold on numerous occasions. He was my former doctor and I'm pretty sure he was a criminal investigator or Law&Order detective in another life. He's certainly tall enough to intimidate criminals. So, really, I didn't lose if that was the case. My record still remains in tact.
7) I like how I can be unbelievably fearless by jumping out of high-flying swings, walking into a room full of strangers and making a ton of new acquaintances and quitting my job and people when I feel unhappy without a plan and by doing most other things that scare me.
8) I like how I can feel things so deeply and relate to so many people. I totally get people.
9) I like my writing abilities and the way I express myself with words when I am able. I can't verbally tell you that I pray to God every night to remove the intense worry and sadness from my heart, but I can write it.
10) I like that I can stop feeling certain things or a certain way by taking certain actions (pills that help me get drowsy, walking in circles until I forget what I'm worried about and/or too dizzy to remember, etc.)
***List 1 thing that you do not like about yourself and wish you could change:
1) Everything. Everything listed above.